Grassroots jobs program
At Hip Hop For Change, we provide a wage of $16-19 an hour for our grassroots team members who are the heart of this organization. Often the first time people hear about us is by meeting one of our amazing staff out there in communities around the Bay Area. We're a close-knit, high performing team that exemplifies what it means for an office to be diverse and supportive for all who wish to join a movement. We are hiring!
Investing in our staff is not just a smart thing to do, but it's the right thing to do. We regularly focus on team development by training our staff in different methods of grassroots activism, de-escalation, meditation, and yoga. While our work is serious, we always try to focus on fun through team-building exercises, educational workshops, and studying history.
Most Wednesdays we offer our time to local organizations fighting to support marginalized communities. Our staff volunteer for organizations like Planting Justice, Superstars Literacy, and PhatBeets Produce in order to involve themselves deeper into the community. Through this activism, we create deeper connections in our community and provide opportunities for our employees to feel a stronger sense of purpose with their time at work.
"Working for HipHopForChange created a positive space in my daily life. This organization is attempting to change the voice of hip hop while demonstrating unity within the bay area community. The members of this organization are viewed by the public as the "common people" or "working class," but what others do not realize is that these individuals have a passion for changing contemporary society through the original values of hip hop culture: empowerment, self-expression, and diversity.
The individuals that are a part of this organization can be defined as activists, but that doesn't begin to sum up their goals and aspirations. Working for HipHopForChange, you are able to learn and speak about social issues that are happening around the world. Unlike a corporate setting, you are able to speak freely about new age ideas, and not shunned for not fitting into a mold. My experience with HipHopForChange allowed me to believe in imagination and hope for our youth. This is a movement that will prosper due to their voluntary outreach in the community and the voice that carries along with their values."
Apply here to join the team!
We are an inclusive organization and we strongly encourage diverse applicants!
-Must be 18 years or older
-$16-19 an hour plus bonus
- Help uplift an environment designed to value creativity and the experiences of each employee.
- Shape the culture of your organization and make it your dream job.
- Attend mandatory Wednesday morning meeting 10 am-1 pm and canvass 9:45 - 5:15 three other weekdays
- Able to stand/talk for 6 hours.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including public speaking.
- Strong organizational skills and time management.
- Able to adapt to quickly shifting priorities and tasks.
- Self-starter who is able to work both alone and in teams.
- Commitment to the 4 core principles of Hip Hop: peace, love, unity, and having fun.